Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hyunmin Fan Confession #3



The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.  
 ~ by Sir Hugh Walpole ~



Why do I love Playful Kiss, Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min?

Honestly, Playful Kiss is not the only Korean drama I’ve watched but it is the first romantic comedy and the only drama I fell in love and hooked with as in finding myself searching or googling more info about them after watching it.  The moment I saw MM in uniform, waking up from her dream in Epi 1, brought back a lot of high school memories – who didn’t have a crush in school and day dreamed in class?  I think it’s safe to say we all did, correct?  Anyone who disagrees or denies my statement must be related to Pinocchio.  hahaha  

I watched Playful Kiss around Sept/Oct of 2011… yes, a year after its initial showing in SK.  Just like BSJ & OHN, I also had fond memories of my high school years and that’s probably why their story in PK is so close to my heart but what drew me to spend dozens of hours searching info about them is the on-screen chemistry. 

Their chemistry on-screen is undeniably great and their “kiss in the rain” triggered my curious mind, not in a malice way, but knowing that kiss in Korean drama is usually just a peck or a lip-lock which they call ‘bobo kiss’.  I also asked myself was that a real kiss?  It would be a lie, if I say I didn’t rewind-and-play that particular scene over and over… hahaha  Also, questions like “how did they feel after?”, “did they date after?”, “did they remain friends, at least?” came to mind.  I believe these are typical questions a person have in mind when you see two attractive actors initiate an intimate scene on screen.  Well, to make story short, I searched and googled their names to find out more about them.  It’s funny because I found in yahoo or google an item titled ‘kim hyun joong and jung so min romancing”… hahaha which I thought “wow, really?” hahaha turned out it was an article in dramabeans in reference to Epi 14 when BSJ confirmed to their family that he wish to marry OHN.  Hahaha  

Needless to say through google, I found Wikipedia and the Minjoong thread in Soompi.  Believe it or not, I read Minjoong thread from page 1 on.  From there, I learned about HJ from his long time fans.  I didn’t even know he was in a band.  I have seen parts of BOF because of my nieces who are into Kpop and also Korean drama but I didn’t really sit down to watch the drama because the story is not relatable for me.  Yes, I found him handsome in BOF but not curious enough to ask about him and I wasn’t sold with the plot of the story.  I was impressed with MM because of her being an independent and a working-student because like her, I had to support myself through college too.

My curious mind intensified when I saw the bts pictures or screencaps posted early on in the thread particularly ‘the massage, the stares before the back hug/balcony scene rehearsal, and HJ reading the script while MM’s taking a nap in bed together’.  From there, I also found the link to AFF but I didn’t start reading stories in AFF until around early January this year, as I was in getting-to-know stage with the couple… not literally though.  Hahaha   

In AFF, I started off as a silent reader for about a month or two, I think, as I read the older stories first and felt there wasn’t a need to comment as some of them looked abandoned by authors.  I slowly started leaving comments in GF Serene’s story but the first commentator I encountered with was GF Snowy in HDYK.  From there I also met GF Mhel… we were like the 3 stooges.  hahaha  We had so much fun to the point that we drew readers to join us but some may have been intimidated of our naughtiness… it seems all we did is giggle and laugh.  In AFF, I also got to practice my Spanish through the help of GF Cyni. 

Thanks to Playful Kiss, I learned to appreciate Korean drama even more, the meaning of fandom, fangirling and/or couple fandom as I never understood the concept of being a fan and thought it was a waste of time… like what do you gain from it?… yet, being a fan I learned to do screencaps, tweeting, blogging, etc.  Just like what the quote says above, the most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being or people with whom relationships has a growing depth, beauty and joy… from our bonding GFs, we share from each other’s strength, knowledge, care and laughter.  Best of all, my love for HJ and MM have open my mind and heart to meet new friends in Soompi and AFF, forget troubles/problems in life and to laugh and always smile. 

14 comments:

  1. Gf Yoonji... hola!!

    Me encantó tu post!!!, con que repitiendo las escenas de los besos (pervertida)... jajaja.

    Sigue practicando tu español!!

    Te quiero mucho Brujita Linda!!... las quiero a todas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola GF Cyni!

      Probablemente usted repite el besar las escenas una docena de veces demasiado no? jajajaja

      Sí, tengo que practicar mi español antes de ir a España en noviembre.

      Pero es difícil cuando tienes que usar el inglés durante todo el día en trabajo.

      Delete
  2. Woahhhh, Gf Yoonji's confession finally....it's an overwhelming feeling, right Gf Yoonji...

    The magic of Hyunmin.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is it! "Believe in HyunMin Miracles" as i said before :D bcos they did spell a magical drop for real to us! :D :D

    GF YoonJJ, this is the best confession to share :D what you said is true :D

    hahahah i like this one>>
    ‘kim hyun joong and jung so min romancing”… hahaha which I thought “wow, really?” hahahha you have the same thought as mine!! Hahahhaha this is so funny :D

    but NOW, the statement of "Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min romancing" is no longer happen in the drama.. But, FOR REAL NOW! Agree GFs??? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GF Mazzy -- sorry it took awhile to reply... had a busy day yesterday.

      I agree with you. I think we were also cast by the spell of PK, the same way Lucky Guy was cast by Little Lady's spell. hehehe I think that we were drawn by their heart's sincerity in the drama and sensed that.

      Delete
  4. My, my, my, GF YoonJI.....you are putting pressure on me... Hahaha..what a sweet surprise from my dear friend...her confession. I thought I have to wait till December to read your story....

    Very nice GF. I am amazed as well by how we all bonded through PK and our love for this lovely couple. Same here, you and Mhel were the first AFF friends I chatted in AFF. I would never forget GF Mylin's INYB. That's where we all started to bond.

    Well done GF! Woohooooo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Gf Snowy and Gf Yoonji, it all started i Gf My's story...lol...and Gf Yoonji keeps on teasing me and you two are always arguing in each topic that we discussed...but somehow i learned a lot from both of you....

      Our naughty comments make our bonding more stronger...i read a lot of ff after pk but i didnt comment too...

      I know it's always you Gf Snowy who always reminds me that we have to welcome others who made their 1st comment...and that is one thing that we never forget until now....

      Our confessions here really reminds us of our memories...

      Gf Yoonji, its really awesome....now, we have to.wait for Gf Snowy, Gf Cyni, Gf Michy and Gf Jell's confession...

      Delete
    2. Thanks that you remembered that Mhel...hahaha..Thanks to GF Mylin for letting us go crazy and hangout at her fanfic. I would never forget HDYK.

      Thanks GF Mylin...lol!!!

      Delete
    3. How easy do you forget, Mhel? GF Snowy and I weren't arguing... we were debating -- exchanging opinions or comments. I think it was GF Jell who said that her grandmother said having debate is good in friendship?! Can't remember those were exact words. hahaha But yeah, we've come a long way... to more happy years with us GFs! Cheers! wooohoooo!!! hahaha

      Delete
    4. I thought about it but I'll be busy around Nov so, I decided to get it out of the way. :sticky-tongue: Yah, where's your confession? hahaha

      Delete
  5. Hi good day GFs

    I loved the story in different ways we started to feel the same, how I want to post my own but I need time to sit and write I hope do it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm looking forward to read your story GF Serene.

    Saw your updates and your new story is up I have to sit down and read them. I'll read them this afternoon.

    Good morning/evening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi GF YoonJi, I guess you are the one I commincate via hotamil. At last I know where you come from. ^^ I like to read your confession , especially the last paragraph ! To me,
    Hyunmin is the icon of human love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      Thank you for dropping by and we'd love if you visit us often.

      No, sorry I don't have hotmail but I often leave comments (different ID) in YouTube as I love the songs you picked for your fanvids. Speaking of which, would you mind if we post some of your fanvids here? I'm also a member in Baidu Hyunmin Bar but been busy lately to visit... I love everyone's post there too.

      I agree, Hyunmin is the icon of humnan love! You can feel the "love" in all Hyunmin blogsites and threads. HYUNMIN spells L-O-V-E! ^_^

      Delete